This is the self-paced version of Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition. Your student will complete this self-paced course via the Self-Paced by Apologia portal on the Canvas platform.
Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, is a college-prep course that provides an advanced study of the human body’s 11 organ systems. This edition has updated discussions and photographs, as well as new content. If a student completes the entire course, including documenting in a lab notebook all of the labs, experiments, and dissections, it can be counted as an honors course.
- This is the online, self-paced version that is completed via the Apologia Self-Paced portal on the Canvas platform.
- The one-year access to this course begins at the time of purchase.
- You will not receive any physical copies of the textbook, MP3 Audio CD, Video Instruction thumb drive, or the Solutions and Tests Manual. These items are incorporated into the self-paced portal.
- The Student Notebook for this course is highly recommended.
- As there are many good options for a student to choose from, we have decided to let the student and/or instructor pick the anatomy coloring book that best fits their needs. Many anatomy coloring books cover the same basic human body functions and the process of coloring anatomical images helps students make connections to the text they are reading. Therefore, we recommend that where the 2nd edition textbook gives specific page numbers for the Kaplan coloring book, the student use this information to locate similar pages in his or her coloring book. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you understand.
- Prerequisites: Biology & Chemistry
- Recommended Grade: 12
- Return Policy: Any Self-Paced purchase is eligible for cancellation/refund if the request is made within 14 days from date purchase OR account activity is under 10 hours, whichever comes first. Please email@example.com with your refund request.
- Before purchase, please be sure you have read thebrowser and system requirementsfor Canvas, the platform on which Apologia Self-Paced is built. If you are unsure if you meet these requirements, please try the free demo of any Self-Paced course.
What’s Included In Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, Using Apologia’s Self-Paced Platform?
The self-paced version of Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition,offers one-year access from the date of purchase to the following features:
- Full online curriculum text of Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, authored by Marilyn Shannon and Rachael Yunis This is the digital version of the textbook. You will NOT receive a physical copy of the textbook.
- An audio reading of the text that your student can select to enhance online reading. You will NOT receive a physical copy of the MP3 Audio CD.
- The Video Instruction course material, featuring Sherri Seligson as the instructor, integrated into the daily assignments. This is the same material included in the Video Instruction Thumb Drive for Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2ndEdition. You will NOT receive a physical copy of the Video Instruction Thumb Drive.
- Easy-to-do at-home experiments from the textbook that are also featured in the video instruction.
- On Your Own and Study Guide materials are the same as those in the print version of the textbook. The Self-Paced portal provides answers to these questions.
- Unique tests complete with automatic grading
- Desktop and mobile access
Overview ofExploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition
This homeschool high school human body coursecoversboth the anatomy and physiology of each of the human body’s organ systems for those students who have successfully completed high school biology and chemistryclasses.It is recommended for 12thgrade, although it could be taken earlier if the science prerequisites are met.When fully completed, this course can be listed as honors and/or an advanced course on high school transcripts. You can rest assured that thesubject matter coveredin this course is rigorous enough to prepare students for college-level work.Please note that the reproductive system is covered in detail, including accurate yet respectful illustrations and descriptions.
This study will introduce the organizational levels of the human body fromasingle cell to the 11 major organ systems:
The digital text contains all student material, study questions, laboratory exercises, and module study guides with color photos and illustrations. Note that although the Kaplan Anatomy Coloring Book is optional the text does assign activities from the coloring book.
The second edition of our Human Body course includes the following enhanced features:
- High-quality color illustrations
- More in-depth discussions and explanations of concepts
- Online resources that explore concepts in more detail
- Greater emphasis on connecting creation to the Creator
Solutions and Tests Manual
A separate purchase of the Solutions and Tests Manual is not needed. The answers to all On Your Own and Study Guide questions have been integrated into the self-paced platform. The tests for the self-paced version of this course have been exclusively designed for this platform with automatic grading. An explanation for each test answer is included so the student can check their work and review once the test has been submitted.
The audiobook is incorporated into the self-paced version of Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology. Your student can click on the audio links and listen to the audiobook version right inside the self-paced platform! This is the same content that is found on the MP3 Audio CD.
Video Instruction Material
The video instruction for this course is integrated into the self-paced platform. You will NOT receive a physical copy of the Video Instruction Thumb Drive.
In the videos that are integrated into the self-paced platform, Sherri Seligson lectures over the material in each section of the textbook, using visual animations and on-location video clips. This helps students absorb the concepts in a richer and more engaging way, and it encompasses all types of learners. The animations help explain more difficult concepts in a three-dimensional, interactive way rather than in a static, two-dimensional text only. And the medium allows students to review material until they really understand it.
Additionally, videos of all the experiments are included, so parents and students can better understand how to set them up at home. Complete explanations of the labs are provided too.
Additional Purchases Needed When Using Self-Paced by Apologia:
The Student Notebook for Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, is highly recommended. You will need to purchase this separately. It does NOT automatically ship when you purchase this Apologia Self-Paced course.
Colleges want to see a lab component on your student’s high school transcript. This isn’t optional, and Apologia’s award-winning homeschool high school human body course and the Student Notebook are designed to meet this requirement without stressing your homeschool environment. Plus, note-taking helps increase retention of information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the ideas presented in the textbook with their own ideas.
Additionally, a student notebook helps students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology. Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it.
Good notes provide the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Apologia Student Notebooks are specifically designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note-taking.
The notebook contains:
- A suggested daily schedule
- Note-taking pages
- Instruction in the Cornell note-taking system
- Space to answer all study questions found in the textbook
- Lab report forms for each experiment in the text will help your student master the process of writing a complete lab report
- Illustrations that are not found in the textbook which ensure that the student is indeed learning all that they can from their labs
- “Design Your Own Experiment” section walks students through the steps involved in designing and conducting their own experiments
About theStudent Notebookauthor:Vicki Dincher holds a master’s degree in biology. Her four children, all homeschooled, have earned or are pursuing graduate degrees in the sciences. Vicki has taught high school science, including Advanced Placement courses, since 1995.
Enjoy a Demo of Apologia Self-Paced
Try out Apologia Self-Paced for free. Module 1 of Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, is available to take for a test drive! The demo is openly accessible to you with no time limit and features the first complete module of the course.
Click “Try Demo,” and you will be redirected to canvas.instructure.com. If you do not already have a Canvas account, you will need to create one. You can do this by clicking “Need a Canvas Account” in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Enter a valid email address and a password. Click “Try Demo” again, and you can now login with your created account.
Take a Sneak Peek at Apologia Self-Paced:
Sample videos of the instructional material with Sherri Seligson that is included with this Self-Paced course:
It is recommended for 12th grade, although it could be taken earlier if the science prerequisites are met. When fully completed, this course can be listed as honors and/or an advanced course on high school transcripts.What coloring book goes with apologia advanced biology? ›
Apologia suggests using Kaplan's Anatomy Coloring Book, 8th Edition with our Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology, 2nd Edition curriculum. This coloring book contains detailed drawings of all the anatomy that you need to learn in this course and more.How many modules are in apologia biology? ›
At the end of each of 16 modules which take about 2 weeks each to complete, there are Study Guides to help students review their materials before taking their exams. Detailed answers to these questions are provided in the Solutions and Test Manual.Who wrote apologia biology? ›
Apologia is the #1 publisher of creation-based science and Bible curriculum with more than 75 #1 awards from homeschool parents and media. Apologia produces content that is written to the student in an engaging conversational style. The textbooks are academically sound, rigorous, and college-prep.What is the scientific order for apologia? ›
We recommend General Science and Physical Science in grades 7-8. For high school, we recommend the following titles: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Marine Biology, Advanced Biology, Advanced Chemistry, and Advanced Physics. This curriculum presents a Christian creationist worldview.What is the difference between apologia biology 2nd and 3rd Edition? ›
New content, including a new section on photosynthesis and a new section on diseases. An overhaul of the section on genetics, including more information on DNA. Updated information on the Biological Classification System.What is taught in 9th grade biology? ›
This course is laboratory-based science class in which students will study the cell, the molecular basis of heredity, biological evolution, interdependence of organisms, matter and energy, and organization in living systems and the behavior of organisms.What is covered in high school biology? ›
Major biological concepts for student focus include homeostasis, energy transfer and use, the relationship between structure and function, and change over time. Additionally, students' experience in biology supports their developing environmental literacy.What is apologia biology? ›
This course is designed to be the student's first high school science course. Exploring Creation With Biology is a college-prep biology course that provides a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of general biology.
High school classes? College prep? Apologia can help. Besides textbooks, Apologia offers live classes, video lessons on demand (you can rent them digitally), and self-paced courses (we're thinking of taking the Precision & Significant Figures class, a prep course for high school science and math).What grade is apologia physical science? ›
This course is designed to be the last science course the student takes before high school biology. We generally recommend it as an 8th-grade course, but students can use it for their 9th-grade coursework.Does apologia physics have a student notebook? ›
The student notebook provides an organized, complete plan for the year (4 days a week for 33 weeks), which lets students check off their progress as they work their way through. It has places for their notes as they're reading, lab charts, and tables to record their scientific findings.